Thursday, May 18, 2017

WHO AM I?

What is my identity? Is my identity based on nationality, religion, designation, qualities, physical body structure...etc. What happened to my identity after death? Let's understand this very important topic.


Whenever we talk about our belongings we try to connect everything by keeping ourselves in center. Examples: my house, my car, my wealth, my degree, my family, my body, my finger...etc. We don't say I House, I car, I wealth, I head or I body etc... who is that my or me? Me or my dose not change throughout the life since our birth only thing keep changing is our body and things surrounding us, we all have experience this. 

Our body is constantly changing from infancy, childhood, youth, middle age, old age, and finally death, but we always keep our sense of identity described as a Soul in Vedic scriptures. Outerwear on your body moves because your body is moving, similarly your body is moving because your soul is moving. In whole cycle of birth, growth, decay and death Soul is continuously migrating, so even after death Soul has to move and enter into new body described as transmigration that means Soul is eternal. We all have strong urge to live is feeling of eternal Soul. Our body is growing from infancy due to eternal Soul, once Soul live, the body will stop growing and start decaying. Soul remain in body until body is livable. 

Primary quality of the Soul is to serve to others. If we look at our life either be as a spouse, parents, children, in our profession throughout the day we are serving to someone including ourselves. We should serve with love & compassion.

Only on the platform of our identity as an eternal Soul we can have equalities, similarities & can connect with each other including other species without any prejudice.
Bg 2.13 — As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.
Bg 2.20 — For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.
Bg 2.22 — As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones (vedabase.com)

Our temporary identity (nationality, religion, status, physical body) will be finished with death. So as an eternal Soul that's our real identity we should not be anxious or fearful of changes within & surrounding us. 

See the Blog below for other articles.
pankajpatelmd.blogspot.com

Thank You.

******************************
We can follow either Quran, Bible, Gita or any other Philosophy that makes sense to us, purify us , elevate our consciousness and qualify us to understand the God and instill love for God & his creation.

I am inspire to hear & read Vedic Scriptures & other philosophy by regularly listening Sri Pandurang Shashtri Athvale known as Dadaji ( speak on Srimad Bhagavad Gita, Veda based discourses & western philosophy ) and association of Swadhyay Parivar every Sunday in Swadhya Kendra. 

FYI: Good source of Vedic literature: Vedabase.com ( Srimad Bhagavad Gita is the essence & Srimad Bhagavatam (SB) is the nectar of all Vedic scriptures ). Hearing & reading these scriptures daily are purifying to our senses, nourishing & satisfying to our heart ( Soul ) and transcendental to our consciousness.

I hear and read discourses & articles on Vedic thoughts & other philosophy from Srila Prabhupada, his disciples & grand disciples ( HH Bhakti Rasamitra Swami, HH Chaitanya Charandas Prabhu, Sutapa Das, Amarnath Dasa, HH Bhakticharu Swami, Urmila Devi Dasi, HH Sivarama Swami, HH Radhanath Swami, Lal Govind Prabhu ( Gujarati & Hindi) Prahalad Maharaj in Surat (Gujarati) .......and many more from ISKCON......). 

Don’t try to understand God by Depiction ( means image, picture...etc ) but try to understand him by Definition. Some times people ask why God is Supreme? It is just like asking why circle is circular? Just by definition circle is circular similarly by definition God is unborn, complete, unlimited, infinite, eternal, the Absolute Truth the source of everything, cause of all causes. God is personal and also impersonal BG 12.1, has form and also formless whichever way we can understand him , accept him is up to us.

I see the God besides above mention qualities as a eternal living person ( not a abstract or some kind of light ) known by name Krishna means who attracts everyone has also MANY other NAMES, form, abode, many incarnation, activities, qualities, associates, full of wisdom, bliss, cause of all causes.

I am posting articles based on Vedic scriptures and expressing my opinion, thoughts, understanding, emotion & love through articles not enforcing on anyone. Writing or sharing the articles is my Devotion to God/Gita/Guru...it helps me more than anyone else. Of course I use Google search to collect some data. Thanks to Facebook/Social media for providing the platform.

It is always good idea to share our good thoughts & knowledge with others. Besides my parents, wife, teachers, family & friends GREATFUL to EVERYONE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED in MY LIFE.

Hopefully my enthusiasm will continue by grace of Guru & God ( Krishna , Absolute Truth ).


No comments:

Post a Comment